Joining the Club
Joining Gloucester Canoe Club couldn’t be easier. Firstly, just use the Contact Us form on this page to get in touch with us. This will enable us to arrange to meet up at one of our club sessions and discuss your aspirations. You may want or need to attend some Induction sessions to get you started or be competent to become a member immediately. Of course, by meeting up before applying for membership gives you a chance to decide if we are the club for you. We welcome new members committed to paddling but understand if we are not be quite what you are looking for.
We do expect most new inexperienced members to attend up to 3 sessions before applying for membership. These ‘guest’ sessions cost £5.00 each time and cover insurance and kit which we will provide as required. After this time we would expect you to submit an application form.
All new memberships include…
- British Canoeing affiliation,
- Discounted pool sessions,
- Ongoing coaching as appropriate,
- Use of basic club kit and
- Third party insurance while engaged on club activities.
Once you have joined there is no extra charge per session. However we do make a small charge for pool sessions, and you would be expected to meet any specific course fees you choose to take and travelling and related costs for races.
If you have not joined British Canoeing you will be required to pay a supplement of £5.00 per application to cover affiliation costs.
- Kayaking & canoeing are dangerous sports and you should understand that you take part at your own risk.
- Members must abide by all club rules when paddling on any club lead activity wherever that may be, or while at club facilities. This includes the wearing of a buoyancy aid when on, or near the water. (Special rules apply during racing events.)
- All applicants must be able to swim 50m fully clothed and without buoyancy aids.
- Within twelve months of joining, the club expects members to start to purchase their own equipment. As a minimum this should include your buoyancy aid and some appropriate clothing.
Page visits: 273