Our Code of Conduct
Gloucester Canoe Club would like all paddlers, volunteers, coaches and parents to enjoy the sport and show respect and understanding for each other. Members should conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the Club at all times. The aim is for all paddlers to improve performance and have fun. Everyone involved in the Club should abide by the Club Rules, Policies and this Code of Conduct.
- Please take care of all property belonging to yourself, the club or other club members.
- Treat other club members with respect at all times both on and off the water; treat other paddlers as you would want to be treated yourself.
- Co-operate and listen to your coach or Club Officials.
Coaches & Volunteers
- You should consider the well-being and safety of paddlers before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Make sure all activities you lead are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
- Should display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Always follow British Canoeing and club guidelines and policies.
- You must hold the appropriate, up-dated qualifications and insurance for the activity you are leading.
- Encourage paddlers to value their performance and not just results.
- Coaches and Volunteers should never use or condone the use of prohibitive substances on club activities.
Parents & Guardians
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in any sport.
- You should never punish or belittle a child for loosing or making mistakes – this is how we learn.
- Always publicly accept club and BC official’s judgements.
- Please support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy the sport.
- Use correct and appropriate language at all times.
- Set a good example by applauding good performances of all paddlers.
All Junior Members are required to abide by the following rules at all times:
- Co-operate fully, respecting all requests and decisions made by the coaches, helpers officials and administrators.
- Be on time for training sessions and events or inform your coach if you are going to be late.
- Be considerate and respectful to other paddlers and water users – treat other paddlers as you would want to be treated.
- Paddlers must wear suitable kit for paddling as agreed with your coach.
- Take care of all property belonging to the club or any other club member – and be responsible for caring for your own equipment and clothing.
- Don’t leave training sessions or activities without the permission of the coach or leader. Junior members are not allowed to smoke, consume alcohol or drugs of any kind whilst on club premises or representing the club at events.
The aim is for all paddlers to improve their skills and to have fun.
Page visitors: 14